Brown Emergency Training Center
The Brown Emergency Training Center (BETC) at Cleveland Community College is a comprehensive training and educational institution that serves the people of Cleveland and surrounding counties. Located on approximately 4 acres, we rank in the top 5 in the state for Emergency Training Centers.
We have over 75 instructors who deliver excellent courses with a high level of customer service. We truly believe in putting students first and giving them an incredible experience that will make them better.
What We Do
- Firefighter, Rescue Technician, Advanced Skill Courses such as Flashover, Aircraft, Portable Vehicle fire and propane props, etc.
- Host the Fall NC State Thermal Imaging School.
- Host an Annual Fire/Rescue College that is one of the largest in the state with enrollment each year of more than 700 students. The next Fire/Rescue College will be held November 9 – 11, 2018.
- Host pilot courses in all the Rescue Specialty areas such as Structural Collapse, Trench, Ropes, Confined Space and many more
- Offer a nine-week Firefighter Academy that is one of the top in the state with two sessions each year (Spring and Summer). Features full-time, live-in options at local fire stations, low cost of enrollment, and job seeking preparation and skill building.
- CCC offers a wide array of custom designed training programs for industry. We will deliver the training at the Brown ETC or at your location or a combination of both. Please contact Jimmy Hensley to discuss a training package for your company. Companies we have helped include International Paper, Evergreen Packaging, Ticona, and Invista. Our prices are very competitive, and we custom-build each program to your exact needs.
- Serve as American Heart Association Community Training Center to provide initial and ongoing training in BLS, ACLS, and PALS:
Our program offerings continue to grow with the development of new courses and enhancement of existing courses.
Class Schedules and Training Calendars
- Current Fire, Rescue and EMS Training Calendar
- Future Fire, Rescue and EMS Training Calendar
- Annual Specialty Class Schedule
Find information on the Associate in Applied Science in Fire Protection Technology in the Student Handbook.
|Roberta Van Dyke|
Fire Training Specialist
EMT Training Specialist