Customized Industry Training
A well-trained workforce may be the critical consideration in your decision to locate, expand or remain in Cleveland County. Working with our economic and workforce development partners, Cleveland Community College provides customized training to support full-time production and direct customer service positions. This training will enhance the growth potential of your company as well as build our workforce with the skills essential to successful employment in emerging industries.
- Pre-employment assessments
- Safety, continuous improvement, and leadership training
- Post-hire technical training
- Critical soft-skills training
- Proprietary process and equipment (OEM) training
- State funded training assistance
We work with you to identify short and long-term training needs, then develop customized training specific to your strategic business plan.
Businesses eligible for the state funded NCWorks Customized Training Project include:
- Technology Intensive (i.e., Information Technology, Life Sciences)
- Regional or National Warehousing and Distribution Centers
- Customer Support Centers
- Air Courier Services
- National Headquarters with operations outside of North Carolina
- Civil Service employees providing technical support to US military installations in NC.
Is Our Company Eligible?
To receive funding assistance for an NCWorks Customized Training Project, eligible businesses must demonstrate two or more of the following criteria:
- The business is making an appreciable capital investment
- The business is deploying new technology
- The business is creating jobs, expanding an existing workforce, or enhancing the productivity and profitability of the operations within the State
- The skills of the workers will be enhanced by the assistance
Resources support training assessment, instructional design costs, and training delivery for personnel involved in the direct production of goods and services. Production and technology support is also eligible for training funds.
For more information, please contact:
Director of Corporate Training