- How do I request accommodations?
- In order to establish eligibility for accommodations, students must:
- Complete a Cleveland Community College admissions application and return it to Student Services.
- Provide sealed, official copies of high school or GED transcript to Student Services.
- Schedule an appointment to the take the placement test. Students should contact the Financial Aid Coordinator at
704-669-4028 to arrange accommodations for testing if needed.
- Make an appointment with the Financial Aid Coordinator to discuss accommodations.
- Complete and return ADA Accommodations Request form along with appropriate documentation of disability.
- After documentation is provided and approved, the student will be given an Accommodation Notification form to be given to each instructor.
- When should I request accommodations?
- It is highly recommended that accommodations be requested at least 30 days prior to the beginning of the semester. Students who do not allow adequate time to request services may experience a delay in accommodations.
- What kind of documentation will I need?
- Documentation should include the following:
- The credentials of the professional evaluator.
- A diagnostic statement identifying the current disability and the date of the diagnosis (should be within 3 years)
- A description of the diagnostic methodology used (how was the diagnosis reached.)
- A description of the student’s current functional limitations.
- A description of the expected progression or stability of the disability.
- A description of current and past accommodations, services and/or medications.
- Recommendations for accommodations, adaptive devices, assistive services.
- What should I do if I have a temporary disability?
- Each case is considered individually. Services will be provided for a limited time pending receipt of documentation.
The following documentation is required:
- Documentation on letterhead from a qualified professional stating diagnosis, functional limitations necessitating the accommodations and estimated length of services.
Monday, September 15, 2014 08:09:52 AM