NCWorks Certified Work Ready Community
Cleveland County is participating in a North Carolina statewide initiative to become an NCWorks Certified Work Ready Community.
NCWorks is North Carolina’s comprehensive workforce development effort. The NCWorks Certified Work Ready Community designation will provide a foundation for local workforce development activities based on the National Career Readiness Certification (NCRC) and will give Cleveland County an advantage when competing with other counties and states for economic development projects.
The NCWorks Certified Work Ready Community designation indicates Cleveland County has met rigorous requirements including:
- A high level of local collaboration among supporters to improve and implement workforce development activities
- Sustained progress in the high school graduation rate towards a goal of 94%.
- Awareness among local business and industry of the potential value of the National Career Readiness Certificate as an indicator of workplace skills and success.
How can local employers help?
- Complete the online Employer Listing Registration Form.
- Registration authorizes ACT to list your company as recognizing the ACT National Career Readiness Certificate in support of Cleveland County becoming an NCWorks Certified Work Ready Community.
- Employers are not required to prefer, require, or use the NCRC.
- By indicating you Recognize the NCRC you are simply stating that your company is aware of the potential value of the ACT National Career Readiness Certification as an indicator of workplace skills in hiring and/or promotion practices.
- Cleveland County must register 102 local companies to meet the requirements.
Community supporters of the NCWorks Certified Work Ready Community initiative include Cleveland Community College, Cleveland County Economic Development Partnership, Cleveland County Chamber, Cleveland County Schools, Region C Workforce Development Board, and the NC Division of Workforce Solutions.
Additional Information Links
Friday, October 27, 2017 09:13:51 AM