Now that the template is blank, how do I add back menu items to put my course content into?
To add a menu item in Blackboard, hover your mouse over the + sign above the menu structure and then click Content Area, make sure the checkbox is checked by Available to Users and then click Submit.
It is recommended that you add a Content Area for each “Module” or “Section” so that you can provide bite sized chunks of information to your students. Once you’ve created a Content Area you can then add course content into each of those sections.
How do I add an Announcements link back into the menu of my course?
- Hover your mouse of the + sign above the menu structure and then click Tool Link.
- Name the Tool Link Announcements, or whatever you would like it to be called.
- In the Type dropdown box select Announcements.
- Click the checkbox beside Available to Users.
- Click Submit.
I added the Announcements link back into the menu but want this to be where the course opens to:
- Click Teaching Style in the Customization section of the Control Panel.
- In the Select Course Entry Point section choose Announcements in the dropdown box.