The Furniture Manufacturers of Cleveland County (FMCC) have joined together to create a course of study for students who are interested in learning the skills needed to work in a modern furniture manufacturing facility. The Academy will offer a mixture of classroom time and hands-on learning at a furniture manufacturing facility. The course is designed to cover the three major areas of furniture manufacturing: cutting and sewing, inside upholstery, and outside upholstery.
$180 paid at registration.
Financial Assistance may be available to cover the cost of this class. Application and approval are required. Financial Assistance available to veterans.
- Provides students with the skills needed for employment in the furniture industry
- All training occurs in local furniture manufacturing facilities
- Tours of local employers included
- Starting pay range $15-$20/hour
- Job applications are completed during class and sent to two local employers
- Students who complete the Academy are given an interview with local employers
- CCC certificate of completion issued from Continuing Education upon completion
- Age 16 and older
- High School diploma/GED recommended but not required
- Willingness to complete WIOA application process for financial assistance
- Desire to work in the manufacturing sector with a long-term commitment
Fall: August – December
Spring: January - May
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 3:30 PM – 6:30 PM
Class meets in manufacturing facility
To search for classes go to our Continuing Education Class Schedule listing: http://clevelandcc.edu/index.php?page=coned-classes
To register or be added to our interest list, please visit the Continuing Education Office in the LeGrand Center or contact us at 704.669.4015 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday, May 29, 2017 08:37:16 AM