The Furniture Manufacturers of Cleveland County (FMCC) have joined together to create a course of study for students who are interested in learning the skills needed to work in a modern furniture manufacturing facility. The Academy will offer a mixture of classroom time and hands-on learning at a furniture manufacturing facility. The course is designed to cover the three major areas of furniture manufacturing: cutting and sewing, inside upholstery, and outside upholstery.
$180 paid at registration.
Financial Assistance may be available to cover the cost of this class. Application and approval are required. Financial Assistance available to veterans.
- Provides students with the skills needed for employment in the furniture industry
- All training occurs in local furniture manufacturing facilities
- Tours of local employers included
- Starting pay range $15-$20/hour
- Job applications are completed during class and sent to two local employers
- Students who complete the Academy are given an interview with local employers
- CCC certificate of completion issued from Continuing Education upon completion
- Age 16 and older
- High School diploma/GED recommended but not required
- Willingness to complete WIOA application process for financial assistance
- Desire to work in the manufacturing sector with a long-term commitment
Fall: August – December
Spring: January - May
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 3:30 PM – 6:30 PM
Class meets in manufacturing facility
To search for classes go to our Continuing Education Class Schedule listing.
To register or be added to our interest list, please visit the Continuing Education Office in the LeGrand Center or contact us at 704.669.4015 or email@example.com.
Tuesday, July 25, 2017 09:27:40 AM