How Cleveland NC Works Can Assist You!
Cleveland NC Works, led by a compassionate staff of career professionals, works with Unemployed, Under-employed, and the Existing Workforce to develop a highly skilled workforce that employers desire to stay innovative and competitive.
Cleveland NC Works supports the mission of Cleveland Community College, in its commitment to provide quality services to support the attainment of personal and professional goals of the students and the community. The purpose of Cleveland NC Works is to strengthen economic development by linking business and industry with qualified job seekers.
- Address immediate needs of unemployed and under-employed workforce through resume writing and interviewing skills workshops.
- Offer job-seeking skills workshops, build partnerships with local leaders, and customize services to meet needs.
- Provide qualified and highly skilled candidates to employers through a database that will allow employers to stay innovative and competitive.
- Continue workforce and career development services to dislocated workers through dedicated and compassionate professionals; evaluate and re-evaluate needs of local industry in retention and recruitment of the workforce.
- Expand services and career transition opportunities for Cleveland Community College curriculum students and more Cleveland County citizens.
What We Do
- Prepare individuals for success in the workplace
- Enhance & develop the workforces technical skills, employability skills and critical thinking skills
- Assist individuals in transition
- Market intelligence, personal branding, career counseling, networking, technology
- Provide workforce with accurate inside track information on hiring process and company needs.
- Partner with DWS and Business/Industry to provide well educated, trained and well prepared candidates for hire.
How We Do It
- Self-Assessments designed to assess the interests, work values, aptitudes, and/or job readiness as related to career, employment, and/or educational goals.
- Instructional training
- Career Readiness Certificate/CRC
- Career development training
- Employability skills including resume writing and interviewing skills
- Pre and post-employment training services
- Job search assistance
- Career Connections is an online database which allows the workforce to post resumes for employers to view. It is also a jobs bulletin that generates email announcements about jobs and job fairs. This service also helps job seekers find full- or part-time employment, both locally and nationwide
- Workforce Investment Act Staff (WIA)
- Case managers who assist you with developing an individual employment plan
- Assistance in applying for financial help to pay for training
- Help you access support services from community partners and community agencies
Tuesday, April 29, 2014 11:01:31 AM