Pharmacy Technician Academy
The Pharmacy Technician Academy will provide you with the knowledge and preparation to become a Certified Pharmacy Technician. The course will cover:
- State and Federal drug laws and regulations
- Pharmaceutical abbreviations
- Measurements and calculations
- Reading and interpreting prescriptions
- Drug classifications and commonly prescribed drugs
- Community and Hospital Pharmacy Practices
- Pharmaceutical compounding
- Medical safety and dispensing
- National Certificate exam preparation
$180 plus $10 materials fee paid at registration
$200 estimated for books
The PTCB Certification Exam is separate from the class and is scheduled through ptcb.org.
The cost for the exam is $129.
Financial assistance is available to cover the $190 registration and materials fee. Application and approval are required. Financial assistance available for veterans.
- Gain experience using VIP Pharmacy System software
- Convenient day or evening meeting times
- Résumé sent to county employers in the industry after successful completion
- Prepares you for the national certification examination that is administered by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board for CPhT credentialing
- Class instruction plus hands on lab hours
- Starting pay range $11-$13/hour
- Pharmacy Technician jobs are projected to increase by 20% nationwide through 2022 according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, BLS.gov
- Age 16 and older
- High school diploma/GED required to sit for the national exam
Academy offered Fall, Spring and Summer session
Fall: August – December
Spring: January - May
Summer: May - August
Day and evening classes available:
Day: August – November, 2017
M-W 8:30 AM – 10:30 AM, Th 8:30 AM – 11:30 AM (Times vary by session)
Evening: August – November, 2017
M-W 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM, Th 5:30 PM – 8:30 PM (Times vary by session)
To search for classes go to our Continuing Education Class Schedule listing.
To register or be added to our interest list, please visit the Continuing Education Office in the LeGrand Center or contact us at 704.669.4015 or email@example.com.
Tuesday, July 25, 2017 09:18:50 AM