Practical Nursing (PN) Program
* The 2014 graduating class for Practical Nursing had 100% of the students pass the licensure exam on their first attempt.
Named #2 Practical Nursing Program in NC by PracticalNursing.org
Thank you for your interest in the Practical Nursing (PN) program at Cleveland Community College. Please read this information thoroughly. Admission to the PN program is competitive. We want to make sure you have the best possible chance of being selected by completing all processes and submitting all necessary documents completely, correctly, and by the deadline.
The Practical Nursing curriculum prepares individuals with the knowledge and skills to provide nursing care to children and adults. Students will participate in assessment, planning, implementing, and evaluating nursing care. Graduates are eligible to apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-PN) which is required for practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse. Opportunities for employment include hospitals, rehabilitation/long term care/home health facilities, clinics, and physicians’ offices.
Deadline: The deadline for Fall 2016 enrollment is January 6, 2016. The program last one academic year (Fall 2016, Spring 2017, and Summer 2017), while accepting 25 students per year.
|Please contact the Admissions Office at 704-669-4067 or 704-669-6000 to schedule an Allied Health Information session or click the "Book Now" button.||
Admissions Requirements: must be completed prior to the program deadline date:
- Current application for admission: Interested students should first complete an Application for Admission.
- All Practical Nursing applicants must attend an Allied Health Information session prior to being considered for admission and declare Practical Nursing as the program of study. Please contact the Admissions Office at 704.669.4067 or 704.669.6000 to schedule an Allied Health Information session.
- Official high school transcript or GED
- Official college transcript (s) if you intend to earn transferrable credit.
- MAT 070 or DMA 040 & 050 Satisfactory completion or exemption (per transcript)
- ENG 095 or DRE 098 Satisfactory completion or exemption (per transcript)
- NA I Certification: Current listing on the N.C. Aide I registry without findings.
- GPA: CCC students: GPA 2.0 or higher Non CCC students who have attempted 12 or more hours at another institution: GPA 2.0
Students not completing this section by the program deadline date are encouraged to reapply for the next year, by attending an Allied Health Information Session.
**All communication regarding admissions/selection status will be sent via CCC student email. Student email is the official and preferred form of communication at CCC.
Selection Criteria: A Practical Nursing Admissions & Selection Rubric Listen will be used to determine acceptance to the PN program. Students meeting the admissions requirements established in Step 1 of the rubric prior to the program deadline are invited sit for the Psychological Services Bureau Examination (Step 2). The top 25 scoring students from Step 3, and 4, will be notified of their provisional acceptance through CCC student email. Students not selected to the program may reapply for the next year by attending another Allied Health Information session.
**CCC has established admissions and selection procedures to ensure students are admitted and selected in a fair and equitable manner. The admissions and selection rubric is only intended to provide students with a checklist assisting in identifying program eligibility requirements, while outlining the admissions/selection process. This rubric is for student use only and does not serve as the official record of calculated points. This rubric does not replace the official program requirements as described in the Programs of Study section of the Academic Bulletin and Student Handbook
Post-Provisional Acceptance Requirements (Step 5): The following items will be requested by the Program Director for students provisionally accepted:
- Immunization records
- Current CPR certification
- Criminal Background check
- 12-panel drug screen
- Medical form
- Orientation meeting
- Opt-Out Interview
- Nursing fee, and malpractice insurance paid
- Uniforms ordered and deposit paid
Friday, January 29, 2016 12:24:14 PM