A student may choose to disclose his/her disability at any time before, during, or after the admissions process. However, students are encouraged to contact the Coordinator of Disability Services soon after they apply so that appropriate accommodations and/or services can be arranged. It is the student's responsibility to request accommodations each semester by completing the Accommodation Request Form.
It is highly recommended that accommodations be requested at least 30 days prior to the beginning of the semester. Students who do not allow adequate time to request services may experience a delay in accommodations.
Students with disabilities are expected to meet qualifications and maintain essential institutional standards for courses, programs, activities, and facilities.
In order to establish eligibility for accommodations, students must:
- Complete a Cleveland Community College admissions application and return it to Student Services.
- Provide sealed, official copies of high school or GED transcript to Student Services.
- Schedule an appointment to the take the placement test. Students should contact the Disability Services Coordinator at 704-669-4034 to arrange accommodations for testing if needed.
- Make an appointment with the Disability Services Coordinator to discuss accommodations.
- Complete and return Academic and Physical Accommodations Request Form along with appropriate documentation of disability.
- After documentation is provided and approved, the student will be given an Accommodations Approval Form to be given to each instructor.
Issues or problems with requested accommodations should be reported to the Financial Aid Coordinator by emailing email@example.com.
Monday, September 15, 2014 08:32:50 AM