The following are established as minimum requirements for graduation from curriculum programs; however, some departments may have additional requirements applicable only to that department:
- Complete course requirements outlined by the active program of study listed in the student academic record and earn at least a 2.0 GPA in courses presented for graduation. Students may graduate under the program requirements in effect at the time the student declared the major or the current graduation requirements for the major. If the student does not attend the college for three consecutive terms, they must use the graduation requirements in effect when the student returns or the graduation requirements in effect at the time of graduation.
- Make a "C" or higher on the following courses presented for graduation in a degree program: ENG 111; ENG 112 or ENG 113; COM 231; CIS 110 or another approved course; and MAT 140 or another approved math course. Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, and Associate in Fine Arts, must make a "C" or higher in every course.
- Complete 64-65 credit hours for the Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, or Associate in General Education degree, 64-76 credit hours for the Associate in Applied Science degree, 36-48 credit hours for a diploma, and 12-18 credit hours for a certificate. At least 25% of the hours presented for graduation from Associate degree, diploma, or certificate programs must have been earned at Cleveland Community College.
- Students are encouraged to meet with their assigned faculty advisor no later than the third (3rd) week of the term in which graduation applications are due. Application for graduation and payment of graduation fees must be submitted to the Business Office before the deadline to ensure timely processing. Student Services must have an official high school record of transcript before processing the application for graduation. Additionally, all financial obligations to the College must be satisfied before any degree, diploma, or certificate is awarded.
- Student Services will notify the faculty advisor if the Graduation Application is incomplete. The faculty advisor will coordinate with the student concerning outstanding requirements. Once the Graduation Application has been received, processed, and verified by Student Services, students will be notified of the graduation ceremony, including information regarding cap and gown, completing a graduation survey, and attending the ceremony. Students must notify Student Services if they need special assistance during the graduation ceremony.
Thursday, March 14, 2013 09:22:38 AM