Cleveland Community College Research Procedure
In the normal operation of the College, data is collected on the internal and external environments of the institution. The appropriate staff analyzes the data collected on an ongoing basis and conducts research projects as needed to supplement the information needs of the institution. The Director of Reporting and Data Collection assists the Director of Planning and Institutional Effectiveness in coordination of data collection, retrieval, and distribution and assists in the development of research projects. The College’s research activities incorporate requirements of accrediting and governing agencies.
- Internal Research
When a member of the College faculty or staff needs to survey students, employees, or its constituents, the survey must be prepared in cooperation with Planning and Institutional Effectiveness. This process is to be used only when conducting normal College business.
- Complete the CCC Employee Survey Request Form located on the employee Intranet. Send form to the Director of Planning and Institutional Effectiveness with a copy of the survey questions.
- The Director of Planning and Institutional Effectiveness will create the survey and provide a copy to the author for editing.
- The edited survey will be forwarded to the appropriate Vice President for approval.
- External Research
Research to be conducted outside the scope of normal College business must be approved prior to contacting any proposed participants. This includes, but is not limited to, all surveys, interviews, focus groups, or data mining that is part of a class, a requirement to earn a degree, or due to other outside interests.
- Complete the CCC Research Proposal Form, located on the employee Intranet and the Internet, and submit it along with a copy of the class assignment or proposal to the Director of Planning and Institutional Effectiveness.
- The Director of Planning and Institutional Effectiveness will complete the Recommendation to Administration and forward all material to the Administrative Council.
- The Administrative Council will make the final decision concerning approval.
- The Director of Planning and Institutional Effectiveness will contact the investigator with a final decision.
Planning Council approved February 2, 2015.
Thursday, March 5, 2015 08:04:52 AM