Surgical Technology (ST) Program
Thank you for your interest in the Surgical Technology program (ST) at Cleveland Community College. Please read this information thoroughly. Admission to the ST program is competitive. We want to make sure you have the best possible chance of being selected by completing all processes and submitting all necessary documents completely, correctly, and by the deadline.
The Surgical Technology curriculum prepares individuals to assist in the care of the surgical patient in the operating room and to function as a member of the surgical team. Students will apply theoretical knowledge to the care of patients undergoing surgery and develop skills necessary to prepare supplies, equipment, and instruments; maintain aseptic conditions; prepare patients for surgery; and assist surgeons during operations. Graduates of this program will be eligible to apply to take the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting Certification Examination for Surgical Technology.
Employment opportunities include labor/delivery/emergency departments, inpatient/outpatient surgery centers, dialysis units/facilities, physicians’ offices, and central supply processing units.
Deadline: The deadline for Fall 2015 enrollment is January 6, 2015. The program last one academic year (Fall 2015, Spring 2016, and Summer 2016), while accepting 10 students per year.
|Please contact the Admissions Office at 704-669-4067 or 704-669-6000 to schedule an Allied Health Information session or click the "Book Now" button.||
Admissions Requirements: must be completed prior to the program deadline date:
- Current application for admission: Interested students should first complete an Application for Admission.
- All Surgical Technology applicants must attend an Allied Health Information session prior to being considered for admission and declare Surgical Technology as your program of study. Please contact the Admissions Office at 704.669.4067 or 704.669.6000 to schedule an Allied Health Information session or click here to schedule your own session now.
- Official high school transcript or GED
- Official college transcript (s) if you intend to earn transferrable credit.
- MAT 060 or DMA 010 & 020 & 030 Satisfactory completion or exemption (per transcript)
- ENG 095 or DRE 098 Satisfactory completion or exemption (per transcript)
- CTS 060 (CCC Only) Satisfactory completion or exemption (per transcript)
Students not completing this section by the program deadline date are encouraged to reapply for the next year, by attending an Allied Health Information Session.
**All communication regarding admissions/selection status will be sent via CCC student email. Student email is the official and preferred form of communication at CCC.
Selection Criteria: A Surgical Technology Admissions & Selection Rubric will be used to determine acceptance to the ST program. Students meeting the admissions requirements established in Step 1 of the rubric prior to the program deadline are invited sit for the Psychological Services Bureau Examination (Step 2). The top 10 scoring students from Step 3, and 4, will be notified of their provisional acceptance through CCC student email. Students not selected to the program may reapply for the next year by attending another Allied Health Information session.
**CCC has established admissions and selection procedures to ensure students are admitted and selected in a fair and equitable manner. The admissions and selection rubric is only intended to provide students with a checklist assisting in identifying program eligibility requirements, while outlining the admissions/selection process. This rubric is for student use only and does not serve as the official record of calculated points. This rubric does not replace the official program requirements as described in the Programs of Study section of the Academic Bulletin and Student Handbook.
Post-Provisional Acceptance Requirements (Step 5): The following items will be requested by the Program Director for students provisionally accepted:
- Immunization records
- Current CPR certification
- Criminal Background check
- 12-panel drug screen
- Medical form
- Orientation meeting
- Opt-Out Interview
- Program fees, and malpractice insurance paid
- Uniforms ordered and deposit paid
Foothills Surgical Technology Consortium is a Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Programs, 1361 Park Street, Clearwater Florida, 33756 727-210-2350.
Monday, September 22, 2014 08:38:17 AM