Work Study Program
Federal Work Study (FWS)
FWS provides part-time employment opportunities for eligible students to earn money to meet college expenses. Applications for this program can be accessed here or you can pick up an application in the Financial Aid Office.
FWS students work a minimum of 15 hours, but a maximum of 25 hours per week on-campus or sometimes community service types of employment.
Frequently Asked Questions
- When can I apply for Work Study?
- After the Financial Aid 2015-2016 award and registration status is half-time or more.
- How are Work Study students chosen?
- The Financial Aid Office will hold the applications in our office. As departments inquire about Work Study positions, they will review the applications and call for interviews. Each department chooses who they want to hire as a Work Study, the Financial Aid Office does not assign Work Study positions.
- How many hours do Work Study students work?
- Students can work 15-25 hours per week, but cannot work during a time when they are supposed to be in class.
- How much are Work Studies paid and how often are they paid?
- Work Study students are paid $9 per hour. Payment is made once a month.
Work Study students must maintain half time enrollment and meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
Wednesday, May 30, 2018 02:15:33 PM