- Posted: November 17, 2017
Expires: February 14, 2018
- A member of the assembly team, supporting fabrication, assembly, and testing of components and product to supply customer orders. Maintains a safe work environment, focuses on continuous process improvements, enhancement of skills, and function and quality of the rescue tools.
- Salary is hourly based, all employees are paid weekly.
- Shelby, NC
- Required Education:
- Minimum of High School Graduate or equivalent, preferred College Manufacturing Certificate., Exposure in 5S and Lean environment, Familiarity with process improvement projects, Involved in VSM and Kanban applications
- Application MUST be sent to our website to be considered:
- DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Be quality conscious of product being produced and consistency in performance, understanding what constitutes an imperfect part
Learn correct assembly of the different rescue tools and their components by cross training throughout assembly.
Properly align parts using gauges, various tools, and bench testing.
Provide accurate and proper data for information sheets.
To follow policies, procedures and instructions, including proper housekeeping and safety practices.
Show responsibility and authority to complete product verification checklist assuring that finished tools and components are tested and packed-out correctly.
Any other tasks that may be requested by the Assembly Supervisor or Member of Management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND REQUIRED ABILITIES
10th grade English reading and writing skills
Able to perform addition and subtraction
Good Hydraulic and Mechanical Aptitude
Ability to learn product and process knowledge
Mechanical ability and use of hand tools
The use of and understanding various test and measurement gauges.
Manual dexterity along with small motor skills.
Ability to stand for long periods of time (3 hours).
Desire to continue to develop as a key performer.
Participate on trouble shooting and product improvement team projects.
Good Judgment and decision making skills in process and with team members.
To read, understand both blueprints and assembly diagrams.
Medium work, exerting 20-50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10-25 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10-20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Being able to lift 40-45lbs often.
Continues to develop skills and product knowledge
Good teamwork and positive attitude
Adapts and manages change well during peak periods of priority
Good judgment and decision making skills
Return to Job Board