- CAD Drafting Technician
- Posted: January 3, 2018
Expires: April 2, 2018
- Heath and Associates, Inc. is seeking a Drafting technician with a minimum of two years experience working with AutoCAD Map 3D in the preparation of design drawings. The candidate should be familiar with mapping and software used by utilities and other design firms such as MicroStation and ArcGIS. The individual will work under the direction of a Project Manager to produce design drawings for natural gas pipelines and facilities. The candidate should also have basic IT skills such as network management and configuring PCs. Individual should have good verbal and written communication skills and be capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
Position Requirements and duties will include:
- Produce design drawings in AutoCAD Map 3D of natural gas system piping.
- Possess working knowledge of and skills to import and configure ArcGIS and MicroStation files from governmental agencies and other design firms to use in design drawings.
- Have basic knowledge of CAD mapping coordinate systems.
- Understand basic surveying terms and be capable of reading civil engineering design drawings.
- Possess strong IT/PC skills.
- Must have functional working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Edit and manage company website (Wix.com).
- Communicate with clients in person, by phone, and via email.
- Be a self-starter and work with little supervision.
- Coordinate and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Be committed to producing high quality work.
- Permanent, hourly, full time
- Heath and Associates, Inc. Shelby, NC
- Required Education:
- Associate Degree in Drafting or Design or equivalent experience.
- Send inquires and resume to Scott Heath at email@example.com .
- Heath and Associates is a well-respected engineering and management consulting firm serving the Natural Gas Industry since 1960. We serve a loyal client base of 30-40 municipal and investor owned natural gas systems. Additional information about Heath and Associates can be found at our website www.heathweb.com
Return to Job Board