- Street/Solid Waste Equipment Operator
- Posted: January 19, 2018
Expires: April 18, 2018
- The Town of Dallas is currently accepting applications for the position of Street/Solid Waste Equipment Operator. This position performs responsible work in the collection and disposal of garbage and refuse and in mowing and trimming Town properties and rights of way. Employee will ride and walk extensively over established routes. Employee may work alone or as part of a crew. In addition to street and solid waste duties, the employee will assist other public works crews with event staging and other tasks as needed. Work requires exposure to extreme hot and cold weather, noise, vibration, moving mechanical parts, atmospheric conditions, oils, skin irritants, and narrow passageways.
Applicant must be able to perform heavy work exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Applicant will participate in a rotating on-call for emergency call-back and must be able to obtain certification to work with and supervise inmate labor.
- Hiring range for this position is $28,265 - $32,505, DOQ.
- Dallas, NC
- Required Education:
- The position requires graduation from high school and considerable experience driving large trucks and operating small to medium equipment. Possession of a Class B Commercial Driver's License is required. Possession of a NC Pesticide's License is desired.
- Applications and job descriptions may be obtained at the Town of Dallas Administrative Offices located at 210 N. Holland St., Dallas, NC 28034 or from the Town's website www.dallasnc.net. All applications should be sent to 210 N. Holland St., Dallas, NC 28034 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Open until filled.
- Additional Information
Return to Job Board