• cccConnect
  • Blackboard
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • YouTube

Academic Probation and Suspension

Any student who falls below the specified minimum cumulative grade point average at the end of any term will be placed on academic probation for the next term of enrollment. To be removed from probation, the student must attain the appropriate minimum cumulative grade point average by the end of the probation term; otherwise, the student will be suspended from taking curriculum classes for one term. Students may re-enroll after having been suspended for one term.

Students who are making satisfactory academic progress (at least a 2.0 term grade point average) but are still below the minimum cumulative grade point average will have their probation status extended in lieu of suspension. Certain programs may establish additional academic progress requirements and impose sanctions for failure to meet those requirements.

Students wishing to appeal an academic probation or suspension must complete the Academic Probation and Suspension Appeal form available in Student Services and submit the form to Student Services. The Academic Standing Committee will meet in a timely manner to review appeals. Students will be notified of the Academic Standing Committee's decision by official College email. The decision of the Academic Standing Committee is final.

Financial Aid students should refer to the Satisfactory Progress Standards for Financial Aid section located within the Financial Information area of the Academic Bulletin & Student Handbook as there are different criteria for probation and suspension associated with Financial Aid.