• cccConnect
  • Blackboard
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • YouTube

Acceptable Transcripts

Students with international institution transcripts must have the transcripts translated in English by an internationally recognized service. The College approves the following internationally recognized service: World Education Services, Inc. www.wes.org, American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO), International Education Services, Credential Analysis Service (please contact International Education Services at: 202-296-3359 or oies@aacrao.org. There is a fee for this service). The official copy of the evaluation must be mailed directly to the College.

College Acceptable Transcripts

Accreditation by one of these bodies is the basis for recognition of degrees and acceptance of transfer credit at CCC: Middle States Commission on Higher Education, New England Association of Schools and Colleges, North Central Associations of Colleges and Schools, Northwest Associations of Schools and Colleges, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools, Accrediting Commission for Career Schools/Colleges, Association for Biblical Higher Education, Association of Advanced Rabbinical and Talmudic Schools, and Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada.

High School Acceptable Transcripts

High schools must be registered with the Department of Public Instruction or the Division of Non-Public Education in the state in which they are authorized to operate. Students not completing a high school program approved by a regionally or nationally accredited institution or without an acceptable transcript can enroll as Special Credit classification, enroll in other identified programs of study not requiring a high school diploma, or must complete a GED or attain an Adult High School (AHS) diploma.

Homeschool Students

In addition to meeting the general admissions requirements, homeschool graduates must also complete the following prior to enrollment at Cleveland Community College:

  • The homeschool administrator must provide evidence that the homeschool is abiding by laws regulating home schools in North Carolina and is currently registered with the North Carolina Division of Non-Public Education. This means the administrator must have a school approval number, a charter for the school, or anything that denotes approval from the North Carolina Division of Non-Public Education and provide copies of this information with the application.

Homeschool graduates without proper certification may enroll by first obtaining the GED, enroll as a Special Credit classification, or enroll in other identified programs of study not requiring a high school diploma. The student may arrange to take the GED examination by contacting the Learning Center at CCC.