• cccConnect
  • Blackboard
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • YouTube

Transfer Credit

Student Services will determine transfer credits from other colleges and universities. Whenever possible, all transfer students will receive notification through student email stating the official record of transcript or official record of test scores has been evaluated and appropriate credit awarded. Students are encouraged to contact an advisor for proper course placement.

Cleveland Community College permits admission with transfer credit for students from accredited colleges and universities. Students must have official (original and sealed) college transcripts and/or official record of test scores sent to Cleveland Community College for evaluation. Courses accepted for transfer credit must closely parallel those for which credit is sought at the College. For a course to be considered for transfer, the student must have earned a "C" or higher for a college-level course or a "P" for a developmental course. Transfer credit is not awarded for course work taken on a non-credit basis. Grades and quality points do not transfer.

For program completion in associate degree, diploma, and certificate programs, at least 25 percent of the required hours for graduation must be earned at Cleveland Community College.

Transfer Credit From Cleveland Community College

A student who desires to transfer course work from Cleveland Community College's Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, and Associate in Fine Arts degree programs to a four-year college or university should refer to specific college or university websites. If transferring to one of the public universities in North Carolina, students should refer to the North Carolina Comprehensive Articulation Agreement (CAA). This statewide agreement governs the transfer of credits between North Carolina community colleges and public universities in North Carolina.

Associate in Applied Science degree programs are not planned as transfer programs; however, some colleges do accept courses for credit toward the bachelor's degree. Most of these colleges consider the applicant's record individually, and the courses for which credit is sought must be similar to the course(s) offered by that institution. Some colleges give credit on the basis of examinations. Any student interested in pursuing that possibility should talk with the department chair of the planned major field at the college to which transfer is desired.