• cccConnect
  • Blackboard
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • YouTube

Veterans Affairs

The Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) provides information and assistance to eligible veterans and dependents of disabled or deceased veterans in applying for educational benefits.

To be eligible for educational benefits, the student must be enrolled in an approved curriculum, taking only those courses required for graduation in the chosen curriculum. Students must, in the judgment of the College, maintain satisfactory progress for continued eligibility.

Veterans and eligible dependents must report without delay such information on enrollment, entrance, reentrance, change in the hours of credit or attendance, pursuit, interruption and termination of attendance of an approved course. Notification of any change in status must be reported by the student to the DVA college representative in time for the DVA to receive it within 30 days of the date on which the change occurs.

DVA regulations governing institution-approved training of veterans and/or dependents of veterans require that certain documents be on file prior to certification of enrollment:

  1. Application for admission;
  2. Proper application for DVA benefits (Forms 22-1990, 22-5490, DD-214, or 28-1990);
  3. High school transcript or GED scores and transcript of academic record for each college previously attended;
  4. The following documents, as needed:
    1. marriage certificate
    2. divorce decree
    3. dependent children's birth certificates

The DVA will not approve for enrollment any of the following: (1) course audits (2) repeated courses previously passed (3) courses not required in chosen curriculum (4) work experience (5) more than two course substitutions per curriculum.