This course provides students with a fundamental understanding of the handgun (semi-automatic pistol or revolver) and its proper use, care, and storage. It will cover the following topics:
1. basic emergency care for firearm injuries
2. handgun terminology
3. handgun use
4. safety procedures while using and storing handguns
5. federal and state laws for those who are interested in becoming a conceal carry holder
6. 4-hour simulator - fire at CCC state of the art firearms simulator facility
7. 8-hour live fire period of instruction at a local range
This course does not satisfy the NC requirements for Conceal Carry application. Students are required to provide a local criminal background check on the first day of class.
NO HANDGUNS ALLOWED ON COLLEGE CAMPUS.