ResCare Home Care in Shelby, NC is currently in search of Certified Nursing Assistants/Caregivers to provide care to our clients in the home! Hours are flexible with PRN, part time, and full time available! Pay for this position ranges from $8.00 per hour to $12.00 per hour. Our office can be reached at 704-480-5966.
About this Career Opportunity:
• Assists nurses by performing various basic care activities related to services essential to caring for the personal needs and comfort of patient.
• Dresses, grooms, bathes, feeds, takes and records vital signs of patients.
• Answers call lights, assists in toileting, oral care, nail care, catheter care, assists patients in wheel chairs, transports, turns bedridden patients, reports patient changes, and takes out trash.
• Requires certification as a Nurse Assistant; functions may not exceed Standards of Practice as accorded by certification.
• Provides simple or uncomplicated patient care.
• Cleans room and changes bed linen.
• Takes and records temperature, pulse, and respiration rate.
• Gives medication as directed by Physician or Nurse and makes notation of amount and time given.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum age requirements is 18 years.
• Valid driver’s license, with satisfactory driving record, as defined by agency policy.
• Certification, if required by state licensure as a CNA or Home Health Care Aide in the state in which the aide is to provide care.
• Completion of a recognized home care aide training program or 6 months of recent experience as an aide.
• Must be able to utilize proper body mechanics while lifting and may be expected to lift up 75 lbs.; must be able to sit, stand, and walk for periods of time and bend, stoop, push, pull, and reach.
ResCare offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, disability, life, and tuition reimbursement. All employees age 21 and older are eligible to participate in the 401(k) retirement savings plan.
About Our Company
Join us in transforming peoples' lives and their communities! ResCare is a one-of-a-kind human services company offering services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, home care for seniors, as well as education, vocational training, and job placement for people of all ages and skill levels. Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Certified Nursing Asst.
About this Line of Business
As one of the industry’s largest providers, HomeCare services offers care for more than 20,000 individuals across the country. We deliver quality, compassionate and highly individualized in-home care and support that helps seniors stay at home – all while maximizing their dignity, privacy and independence. Whether our clients are recovering from illness, injury or surgery, living with a chronic disability or dealing with the natural process of aging, our services are tailored to meet the individual needs of people of all ages, physical conditions and cognitive abilities.
HomeCare services include personal care and homemaking programs, professional nursing, geriatric care management, Alzheimer’s/dementia care, respite care and other programs, as well as differentiated offerings in home monitoring with Rest Assured® Telecare that help reduce hospital visits and keep people in their homes longer.
ResCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ResCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.