Modern Polymers Inc. is looking for a CMM Operator/Quality Data Entry Analyst to work at our Cherryville, NC location on 1st shift.
JOB SUMMARY for CMM Operator:
Performs scan inspections on customer products to ensure that they conform to specifications. Performs process validation measurements to include gage R&R and capability studies. Performs data entry and analysis for quality specifications.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS for CMM Operator:
- Conducts daily scans to the specifications on the blueprints.
- Document the first piece scan inspection, in-process, and last piece inspection to determine if products are in the specifications; notifies the production department and quality manager.
- Writes non-conformance reports ensuring compliance with applicable rules and regulations
- Performs validation on raw materials that have been received.
- Records test data applying statistical quality control procedures
- Evaluates data to identify deviations from specifications
- Assists with writing work instructions as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES for CMM Operator:
- Knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949
- General knowledge of CMM operation, measuring tools, including but not be limited to, calipers; may be trained on the job
- Skilled in the use computer software including but not limited to Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel and Access
- Skilled in basic math including but not limited to adding, subtracting, multiplication, division, practical algebra and metrics for the purpose of calculating material specifications
- Skilled in working independently and following through with assignments with minimal supervision
- Ability to read blueprints preferred
- Ability to learn and adapt to changing technology
- Ability to clearly communicate and understand information in English, both orally and in writing
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS for QUALITY INSPECTOR:
High school diploma or GED; technical certificate preferred; experience in quality inspections and CMM operations is a plus or an equivalent combination of education, certification, training, and/or experience.
Equal Opportunity (EOE) and Affirmative Action Employer and E-verify Participant. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full-time
- Relevant Training: 1 year (Preferred)
- CMM Operator: 1 year (Preferred)
- Monday-Friday 8am-5pm (Required)
Interested applicants should contact Stephen Velky, 704-435-5825. Have the receptionist page him.