GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
This is a full time, management position for the planning and controlling of a general public transportation system and non-profit agency for Cleveland County. This is a safety sensitive, salaried position that reports to the TACC Board of Directors. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The Executive Director is responsible for the overall planning, direction, and control of general public transportation needs for Cleveland County. Performs a variety of functions directly related to the management and administration of transportation services, policy administration/interpretation of Federal and State grants/standards; develops and reviews necessary documents to comply with these standards.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE POSITION
- Determine resource needs, establishes operation policies and procedures, develops work standards, prepares and administrates budgets and grants, and coordinates County-wide general public transportation. Work is performed with a considerable degree of independence, innovation, and initiative in resolving transportation service problems with various agencies. Work is performed under the general direction of the Board of Directors and an annual evaluation will be completed based on the stated performance goals and objectives which are mutually agreed to with the Board of the Directors.
- Plans, directs, and controls the operation and service requirements of the entire transportation program. Develops, recommends, and implements internal operation policies and procedures. Meets with service agencies to define goals and objectives, analyze problems, establish priorities, and define goals and objectives. Analyzes problems, establishes priorities, and develops budget standards. Conducts needs assessments and recommends to the Board of Directors fiscal, capital, and human resource requirements. Prepares grant applications and administers operating budgets; revenue and expenditure reports; and authorizes expenditures in accordance with Board approved Policies and Procedures.
- Ensures operational files are properly maintained and all required maintenance is performed on all vehicles and equipment. Reviews operational information and revises reporting requirements to increase operation effectiveness.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with the general public, human service agencies, NCDOT, and is an active member in NCPTA. Performs other related work at the direction of the Board of Directors.
- Work Schedule will fluctuate to meet operation and office schedule but should equal the necessary hours to fulfill the demands of the job.
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Employee supervision, evaluations, and disciplinary actions.
- 2. Ensures County, State and Federal grants and reports are completed correctly, submitted to the Board and County Commissioners (where applicable) for approval and submitted in a timely manner.
- Develops and manages budgets and grants.
- Develops and enforces TACC Policies and Procedures.
- Develops community awareness by marketing TACC and CCT services.
- Ensures TACC follows all laws and procedures.
- Ensures that TACC complies with all applicable OSHA rules, standards, and regulations and Board policies and procedures.
OTHER POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- This position requires the successful candidate be knowledgeable of the administrative duties of TACC, proper and safe operation and maintenance of vehicles as it pertains to TACC policies, as well as state and federal laws.
- The successful candidate must constantly provide excellent guidance as it pertains to the safe operation of transit vehicles and ensure excellent customer service to the general public. The successful candidate should consistently project a positive and friendly attitude to all clients, passengers, employees, and the general public.
- The position requires the primary use of Microsoft software and other passenger and maintenance scheduling software as required.
- The position requires the Executive Director to be physically and mentally capable of driving agency owned vehicles and conducting wheelchair lifts.
- 100% visual attention and mental concentration are necessary in the performance of the Executive Director’s duties and manipulative skills are required when performing employee training.
- The physical activity of this position are: stooping; kneeling; crouching; reaching; walking; pushing/pulling wheelchairs, 50 pounds; lifting 50 pounds; fingering; grasping; talking; hearing; and some repetitive motions.
- The position requires that an individual must submit to and successfully pass a DOT physical, criminal background check, drivers’ license check and drug and alcohol test prior to an offer to fill this position. Participation in an ongoing random drug and alcohol testing program is required.
- 8. Attend all local meetings, boards, and forums as needed to promote TACC and acts as the primary human public transportation spokesperson for the county.
- Oversees the insurance needs of the agency to include vehicles, buildings, and personnel related insurance and liability issues.
- Oversees the agency drug and alcohol testing program. Duties include maintaining accurate employee rosters and communicating testing instructions to selected individuals.
- Performs other duties as directed by the Board.
MINUMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- The successful candidate must have a working knowledge of all traffic laws and transportation regulations in North Carolinaas well as a working knowledge of the proper methods of loading and unloading vehicles and safe operation of a vehicle. Should have the ability to perform minor maintenance and/or evaluate repairs for a vehicle.
- Should have the ability to issue, understand and carry out oral and written instructions as well as the experience and ability to write technical grants, policies and procedures.
- Should have a minimum of a BA/BS from an accredited university, and at least 5 years of Management and Administrative experience. Supervisor experience is required.
- Must currently have a North Carolina Commercial Driver License with a P endorsement or be able to obtain one within 60 days of employment.
- Residence in Cleveland Countyis preferred.
All resumes and the TACC application should be received no later than FEBRUARY 22. 2021
Questions and resumes should be sent to:
TACC Board of Directors
305 Flat Rock Road
Lawndale, NC 28090
emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This information provided by NCWorks Career Center Cleveland County.