Plan work assignments, perform duties with a minimum of direct supervision, and assist as a helper in other trades and in the general maintenance and operation of buildings and grounds. In the absence of a supervisor, one of the tradesmen shall be capable of acting as the working foremen or lead man. All positions will be required to work various shifts, exact schedule will be determined locally.
- Installation, maintenance, operation and repair of mechanical and electrical equipment and systems, includes but is not limited to: electrical switchgear, diesel generators, HVAC/CRAC systems, UPS systems, PDUs, RPPs, BMS/EPMS systems, and fire alarm and suppression systems.
- Ensures proper operation of systems in compliance with required regulations and codes.
- Test, maintain and evaluate equipment by using instrumentation.
- Test and calibrate electronic HVAC and building environmental controls to ensure that equipment is functioning properly.
Requirements and Pay
- High school graduate or GED
- Desired 4 year apprenticeship program or five years of field experience in Critical Facilities
- Switchgear and Generator Operations a plus
- Familiarization in preparing MOPs is a plus and candidate must adhere to the strict guidelines of approved Methods of Procedures (MOPs)
- Candidate must possess a high level of system knowledge in performing critical data center maintenance, repairs and emergency service on state-of-the-art critical support systems and must be able to demonstrate such capabilities.
- Ability to use computers using the Windows-based software environment.
- Must be able to be on call and to work any shift, weekends and holidays if necessary
- Pay $48,620.00—$48,620.00 per year
Career Planning, Training, & Job Placement
NCWorks Cleveland Career Center
For these and other opportunities please email firstname.lastname@example.org