Parker Hannifin Corporation:
Founded in 1917, Parker Hannifin Corporation is a $12 billion, global company. With annual sales of $12 billion in fiscal year 2017, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets.
Pump & Motor Division:
Parker’s Pump & Motor Division (PMD) is headquartered in Kings Mountain, NC. PMD is the leading supplier of gear pump products. Parker hydraulic gear pumps are available in single, multiple, piggyback, and thru-drive assemblies. We manufacture hydraulic components for a wide range of industries including: Construction, Refuse / Dump Truck, Material Handling, Forestry, Agriculture and Industrial.
Provides information and technical product support to customers to assist them with resolving product applications. Assists engineering with new product designs, provide technical support to customers and other team members. These activities may include (but are not limited to) specifying products, arranging repairs and troubleshooting existing product installations.
Scope/Supervision and Interaction:
This position does not have direct reports. Interacts with manufacturing, engineering, accounting, and customer service personnel as well as vendors.
• Assists customers with applications, diagnostics, and troubleshooting.
• Timely response to all customers inquires, work closely with engineering when appropriate and performs any assistance necessary including potential customer visits and on-site field service. Must continuously maintain the highest degree of customer service, throughput, quality, cost reduction and people productivity.
• Interfaces with engineering to communicate customer needs, new product development and existing product improvements.
• May also coordinate with warranty and customer service to issue customer product returns.
• Technical degree or equivalent experience is required.
• Minimum three (3) years of experience in technical service/customer service support capacity.
• Technical/mechanical experience in the automotive, construction or trucking industries with knowledge of hydraulic systems and components highly desirable.
• Demonstrated technical aptitude for hydraulic & mechanical applications.
• Proficient at reading and interpreting a technical drawing/blueprint.
• Good organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills (written and oral).
• Demonstrated customer service orientation.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions. (“Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf