The CNC Technology Academy is a job training program that introduces machining skills needed to obtain employment in the metalworking industry. Local employers seek employees who know how to safely perform the basic operations including measurement, layout, blueprint reading, drilling, sawing, turning and milling. The academy also teaches communication skills, resume preparation and interviewing skills.
$180 paid at registration.
$600 estimated for books
Financial Assistance may be available to cover the cost of this class. Application and approval are required. Financial Assistance available to veterans.
- Scholarships available to most students for course fees and books
- Consistent evening hours
- Résumé sent to county employers in the industry after successful completion
- Tours of local employers included
- Starting pay range $11-$14/hour
- Potential credit for up to five courses toward one year Diploma in Integrated Machining
(Instructor approval of readiness required)
- Completion of National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) – a requirement for many employers
- OSHA 10 Certification
- CCC Certificate of completion issued from Continuing Education upon completion
- Age 16 and older
- High school diploma/GED or Senior in HS
- Knowledge of basic math including algebra
- Score of Silver or higher in the NCRC test
- Willingness to complete WIOA application process
- Desire to work in the manufacturing sector with a long-term commitment
Fall: August – December
Spring: January – May
Monday-Thursday 5:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Cleveland Community College campus
To register or be added to our interest list, please visit the Continuing Education Office in the LeGrand Center or contact us at 704.669.4015 or email@example.com.