Academic advisors are here to help you succeed. We promote academic decision-making through program exploration, academic planning, and educational goal-setting. Beyond fulfilling your degree requirements, our goal is to see you walk across the stage at graduation.
How to Get Started
- Find your advisor’s information in your My Success account. You can also refer to the Academic Advisor Directory.
- Meet with your advisor at least once every semester, before registering for classes. Appointments are encouraged to ensure your advisor is available when you come. Your advisor’s contact information is located in your AVISO account and the Academic Advisor Directory.
- Prepare for your advisor meeting.
- If you have chosen a program of study, become familiar with the courses and requirements.
- Be prepared to discuss which classes you would like to take during upcoming semesters.
- Bring any questions or concerns you want to discuss.
- Advising is an important part of your success and is required for students who have declared a program of study for an associate degree, diploma or certificate and have less than 15 earned credit hours at CCC. An advising hold is placed on these students’ registrations each semester until they meet or communicate with their advisor.
Special Credit Students
Special Credit/Non-Degree Seeking (visiting) students are not assigned to a particular advisor but can see anyone in the Student Enrollment Center. Special Credit students do not have an advising hold on their registration accounts. If you think you may have applied to a degree program in error and need to change your program of study to Special Credit, please contact the Student Enrollment Center at 704-669-4081. Special Credit students are not required to attend a New Student Orientation session.
New Student Exceptions
There are some exceptions for advising and advisor assignments for new students. For example, the following students have an assigned faculty advisor:
- Students enrolled in or applying to Basic Law Enforcement Training.
- Early College High School students and College and Career Promise (CCP) students are advised by the Early College High School or the High School Partnerships office.
Need Help Choosing your Program of Study?
Discover programs at CCC based on your preferences by completing our assessment below.
If you are new to CCC, you must attend a New Student Orientation session before registration can occur.
An advisor is assigned based on the student’s intended program of study. If you change your program of study, it is likely your advisor will change.
If you do not have an assigned advisor in your MySuccess App, visit the Student Enrollment Center or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advising Location and Hours
- Location: Second floor of the Jack Hunt Campus Center, Room 2102
- Normal Hours of Operation: Monday – Thursday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Summer Hours of Operation: Monday – Thursday, 8.00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Offices will be closed on Friday.
- Advisors are available for extended hours during registration periods.