Brown Emergency Training Center
- 2021 Summer/Fall Fire and Rescue Training Schedule (June – December)
- 2021 EMS Training Schedule
- 2021 Paramedic Class Schedule
Find information on the Associate in Applied Science in Fire Protection Technology in the Student Handbook.
The Brown Emergency Training Center (BETC) at Cleveland Community College is a comprehensive training and educational institution that serves the people of Cleveland and surrounding counties. Located on approximately 4 acres, we rank in the top 5 in the state for Emergency Training Centers.
We have over 75 instructors who deliver excellent courses with a high level of customer service. We truly believe in putting students first and giving them an incredible experience that will make them better.
What We Do
- Firefighter, Rescue Technician, Advanced Skill Courses such as Flashover, Aircraft, Portable Vehicle fire and propane props, etc.
- Host the Fall NC State Thermal Imaging School (coming again in 2021).
- Host an Annual Fire/Rescue College that is one of the largest in the state with enrollment each year of more than 700 students.
- Host pilot courses in all the Rescue Specialty areas such as Structural Collapse, Trench, Ropes, Confined Space and many more
- Offer a nine-week Firefighter Academy that is one of the top in the state with two sessions each year (Spring and Summer). Features full-time, live-in options at local fire stations, low cost of enrollment, and job seeking preparation and skill building.
- CCC offers a wide array of custom designed training programs for industry. We will deliver the training at the Brown ETC or at your location or a combination of both. Please contact Richard Carroll to discuss a training package for your company. Companies we have helped include International Paper, Evergreen Packaging, Ticona, and Invista. Our prices are very competitive, and we custom-build each program to your exact needs.
- Serve as American Heart Association Community Training Center to provide initial and ongoing training in BLS, ACLS, and PALS:
- Our program offerings continue to grow with the development of new courses and enhancement of existing courses.
- Find information on the Associate in Applied Science in Emergency Medical Science in the Student Handbook.
PARAMEDIC Program Outcomes
CAAHEP (Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs) accredited programs are required to meet outcome benchmarks each year. Outcomes include North Carolina Office of Emergency Medical Services, Paramedic 3rd attempt test taker data.
2017 EMS Graduates
- Number of Graduates: 30
- NCOEMS Pass Rates: 85%
- Retention Rate: 74.2%
- Employment Data: 82.5%
2018 EMS Graduates
- Number of Graduates: 15
- NCOEMS/NREMT Pass Rates: 93.3%
- Retention Rate: 53.6% Employment Data: 93.3%
2019 EMS Graduates
- Number of Graduates: 13
- NCOEMS/NREMT Pass Rates: 84.6%
- Retention Rate: 56.5%
- Employment Data: 84.6%
CLEVELAND COMMUNITY COLLEGE PARAMEDIC PASS RATES
|1st & 3rd Combined||1st & 3rd Combined||1st & 3rd Combined|
Coordinator and Instructor of Fire and Rescue Training
|Roberta Van Dyke|
Fire Training Specialist
Continuing Education Records Coordinator