- Develop and implement a Strategic Enrollment Management Plan
- Meet or exceed state‐defined excellence levels on the Performance Measures for Student Success report
- Implement Guided Pathways for Success to improve onboarding and retention, and address the equity gap in student outcomes
- Increase overall student persistence and retention
Cleveland Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award Associate degrees. Questions about the accreditation of Cleveland Community College may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC’s website (www.sacscoc.org).
Inquiries to SACSCOC should relate only to the accreditation status of the institution and not to general admission requirements, financial aid, educational programs or issues involving application of academic regulations.
Student Success at CCC
CCC wants every student to graduate with a degree, diploma, or certificate; however, we understand that success does not look the same for every student. We believe that a student succeeds when they have the skills necessary to succeed in a highly competitive workforce or academic environment; or, have improved their quality of life through the achievement of personal goals.
Driving student success and economic impact for individuals and businesses in our community through diverse education and training opportunities. Adopted by BOT 5/14/19
Cleveland Community College accomplishes its mission by
- Employing qualified faculty and staff who create valuable learning opportunities to prepare our students for immediate success
- Providing a variety of offerings, programs, and services in multiple delivery modes and scheduling options to meet the needs of the diverse students it serves
- Acquiring financial resources to upgrade and maintain infrastructure, technology, and facilities which are safe, and conducive to student learning, and continuously align with workforce demands
- Utilizing ongoing assessment cycles to evaluate resource needs, student learning and engagement, and the organizational climate to make data‐informed decisions
To become the premier public education provider of choice.
Compassion, Community, Excellence, Quality, Integrity, and Success
When asked to provide words describing the values to which Cleveland Community College should aspire, the word “quality” was a recurring response (86 times) across surveys of all constituent groups (21 staff, 2 BOT, 13 Faculty, 11 Advisory Members, and 85 Students).
The word “success” recurred 122 times across all constituent groups (20 Staff, 10 Faculty, 7 Advisory Members, and 85 Students).
The word “integrity” was a recurring response (27 times) in four of the constituent groups (15 Staff, 6 Faculty, and 6 Advisory Members). While respondents provided many other words in response to this question, quality, success, and integrity occurred most frequently.
In addition, the words compassion and excellence were chosen to represent additional attributes for which the College wants to be known.
Our annual reports feature a variety of articles on topics including new degrees offered, our new faculty academy, an athletics update, a Small Business Center client testimonial, promise programs and student spotlights. After reading these articles, we hope you are as excited as we are about the future of Cleveland Community College.
Whom We Serve
CCC exists to serve the citizens of Cleveland County. We want to help you achieve your educational and career goals.
If you are a high school student who is anxious to get a job after graduation, we want to help. If you are a high school student who wants to earn credits toward a bachelor’s degree and transfer to a four-year school, we want to help. If you are someone who has been working for a few years or many years, and want to take a few classes to gain new or updated skills, we want to help you too.
We believe in letting you do Education Your Way, but that doesn’t mean you have to do it alone.
When a member of the College faculty or staff needs to survey students, employees, or its constituents, the survey must be prepared in cooperation with Planning and Institutional Effectiveness. This process is to be used only when conducting normal College business.
- Complete the CCC Employee Survey Request Form located on the employee Intranet. Send form to the Dean of Planning and Institutional Effectiveness with a copy of the survey questions.
- The Dean of Planning and Institutional Effectiveness will create the survey and provide a copy to the author for editing.
- The edited survey will be forwarded to the appropriate Vice President for approval.
Research to be conducted outside the scope of normal College business must be approved prior to contacting any proposed participants. This includes, but is not limited to, all surveys, interviews, focus groups, or data mining that is part of a class, a requirement to earn a degree, or due to other outside interests.
- Complete the CCC Research Proposal Form, located on the employee Intranet and the Internet, and submit it along with a copy of the class assignment or proposal to the Dean of Planning and Institutional Effectiveness.
- The Dean of Planning and Institutional Effectiveness will complete the Recommendation to Administration and forward all material to the President’s Cabinet.
- The President’s Cabinet will make the final decision concerning approval.
- The Dean of Planning and Institutional Effectiveness will contact the investigator with a final decision.