Students seeking admittance into any College and Career Readiness program must complete New Student Orientation (NSO), which is 12 hours completed over three days.
*IMPORTANT*: Students must attend all three days of the New Student Orientation session consecutively to be admitted into the program.
During the New Student Orientation sessions, students receive information about the various high school equivalency programs offered through College and Career Readiness, program requirements, attendance requirements, course offerings, etc. Students will also complete the Test for Adult Basic Education (TABE), which is an academic assessment used for program and class placement. Morning and evening orientation sessions are offered.
Other important information related to the CCR New Student Orientation:
- All new and former students, who previously have been dropped from the program, are required to complete orientation.
- Orientation is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- On the first day of the orientation, students will report to room 3107 in the Paksoy Technology Center 30 minutes before the session starts.
All students must bring the following to the first session:
- A valid North Carolina driver’s license or ID from the NC Department of Motor Vehicles office
- Social security card
- Official high school transcript
Note: Expired or unreadable documents cannot be accepted. Transcripts that are open cannot be accepted.
Following completion of New Student Orientation, students will be notified of the TABE pre-assessment scores. Prior to course registration, students will be advised regarding needed courses and class attendance options.
Summer and Fall 2023 Schedule
|Wednesday, July 5 – Thursday, July 6||9:00 am – 1:00 pm|
|Tuesday, August 8 – Thursday, August 10||9:00 am – 1:00 pm|
|Tuesday, August 22 – Thursday, August 24||5:00 – 9:00 pm|
|Tuesday, October 10 – Thursday, October 12||9:00 am – 1:00 pm|
|Tuesday, October 17 – Thursday, October 19||5:00 – 9:00 pm|