Tips to be successful as a CCP Student:
- Check your CCC email often. Your CCC instructors will reach out to you through this email account.
- Stay in contact with your instructors. It is very important to communicate with your instructors and alert them of any concerns or issues as early as possible. Common reasons to contact your instructor:
- If you are going to be absent
- If a link in your Blackboard class doesn’t work
- If you do not understand an assignment
- If you are concerned about your grade
- If you aren’t sure an assignment was submitted correctly
- Make sure to submit assignments as Word documents, not Google Docs. Your CCC instructors cannot open those.
- Office 365 is available to you on your Apps Panel. You can create and save documents there.
- Advocate for yourself. Ask for help when you need it. Your career coach or grade level counselor are great initial contacts if you aren’t sure where to go.
- If you have any difficulty with technology, please call the Help Desk at 704-669-4133. Everyone gets locked out of their account at some point so don’t hesitate to call.
Free Resources at CCC
All CCP students have access to several free resources at CCC. Please encourage students to take advantage of these resources.
The Rose Library has physical and online books, databases, videos, and course guides to help the CCP students who may not be able to come to campus. The Student Resources tab on the library’s homepage has citation and research guides to help with assignments. Visit the library at https://library.clevelandcc.edu/home
- The ACE (Academic Center for Excellence) lab provides academic skills sessions (course specific tutoring) and computer skills sessions (Blackboard navigation, Office 365 help, etc.) The ACE lab is located on the bottom level of the Rose Library. Visit the ACE lab online at https://clevelandcc.edu/ace/.
- Our Help Desk representatives are available to assist with various technology issues, such as resetting your Blackboard password and file format conversion. Call 704-669-4133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Getting Started in your Courses
Login Instructions– Cleveland Community College uses a single sign-on system that eliminates the need for you to enter your username and password multiple times when accessing College apps and services. The services you can access from the Application Portal include Email, Blackboard, MyCleveland, and AVISO. You will need to first Setup Your User Account (click Login at the top of any page to get started and login).
Student App Panel – Once you are logged into your account, you will see an App Panel. Here is a video to help explain.
Enrollment Verification Activity (EVA)– All students must complete EVA for each of their courses within the first few days. This simply confirms that the student does want to take the class. Make sure to complete this yes or no quiz at the beginning of your course or you will be dropped from it.
Accessing Grades- In order to check your current grades, log into Blackboard and click on the tab for “Grades.” You should be able to see all of your assignments for the course. You can tell if an assignment has been submitted and graded, submitted and pending or has not been submitted. Parents, only final grades are recorded in PowerSchool. If you want to know the progress of your child, please have them log into Blackboard and go to the “Grades” tab for each of their courses. Here is a video to help you. You can also access your grades and your transcript through AVISO.
If you are planning to graduate from CCC with a certificate, diploma, or associate degree, please see your career coach. Graduation applications for December are due November 1. Graduation applications for the spring are due March 1st. You must complete the application if you wish to receive your degree. CCC only holds one Commencement ceremony every year in May.