Welcome to Academic Advising!
Academic advisors are here to help you succeed. We will help you create a plan to ensure that with each completed class you move closer to your goal, whether you want to earn an associate degree, a diploma or a certificate. Our goal is to see you walk across the stage at graduation.
Note: If you are new to CCC, you must attend a Guide, Plan, Succeed sesssion before registration can occur.
How to Get Started
- Find your advisor’s information in your MyCleveland account. You can also refer to the Academic Advisor Directory.
- Meet with your advisor at least once every semester, before registering for classes. Appointments are encouraged to ensure your advisor is available when you come. Your advisor’s contact information is located in your MyCleveland account and the Academic Advisor Directory.
- Prepare for your advisor meeting.
- If you have chosen a program of study, become familiar with the courses and requirements.
- Be prepared to discuss which classes you would like to take during upcoming semesters.
- Bring any questions or concerns you want to discuss.
Advising is an important part of your success, and is required for students who have declared a program of study for an associate degree, diploma or certificate and have less than 24 earned credit hours at CCC. An advising hold is placed on these students’ registration each semester until they meet or communicate with their advisor.
Special Credit Students
Special Credit/Non-Degree Seeking (visiting) students are not assigned to a particular advisor, but can see anyone in the Student Enrollment Center. Special Credit students do not have an advising hold on their registration accounts. If you think you may have applied to a degree program in error and need to change your program of study to Special Credit, please contact the Student Enrollment Center at 704-669-4081.
New Student Exceptions
There are some exceptions for advising and advisor assignments for new students. For example, the following students have an assigned faculty advisor:
- students enrolled in or applying to Basic Law Enforcement Training
- students officially accepted into Nursing (ADN, LPN and Advanced Placement), Radiography, Medical Assisting, and Surgical Technology
Early College High School students and College and Career Promise (CCP) students are advised by the Early College High School or the High School Partnerships office.
An advisor is assigned based on the student’s intended program of study. If you change your program of study it is likely that your advisor will change. In addition, when students earn 24 or more credit hours at CCC, they are assigned a faculty advisor from their primary major/degree program.
If you do not have an assigned advisor in your MyCleveland account, visit the Student Enrollment Center.
Advising Location and Hours
Second floor of the Jack Hunt Campus Center, Room 2102
Normal Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Advisors will be available evening hours during registration periods.