Changes to the 24-25 FAFSA
The FAFSA Simplification Act passed on Dec. 27, 2020 as part of the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021 and represents a significant overhaul of federal student aid, including the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) form, need analysis, and many policies and procedures for schools that participate in the Title IV programs.These changes have prompted the implementation of a whole new website for the 24-25 FAFSA along with several other changes. In order to help you navigate it better we want to highlight and explain some of the changes you will see.
- Complete redesign of the FAFSA website
- New terminology
- Anticipate delays
- FSA ID required for all contributors
- Contributors must be invited via email to complete their portion
- Federal Tax Information (FTI) consent required of all contributors
- Designated parent guidelines changed (Income vs. Custodial)
- Less questions – 108 previously vs 36
- New need-analysis formula
- Submission not complete until ALL parties invited complete their portion
- 45-day time limit to complete before deleting application
Cleveland Community College Financial Aid Department
137 S. Post Rd.
Shelby, NC 28152